The Complete Deegam® Machin Handbook
- Published on CD
- Almost 500 Mb of data and images
- In colour and printable
- Constantly updated
- Suitable for Windows PC and Mac
Since it was first published in 1993 the Deegam Machin Handbook has become known as "The Machin Encyclopaedia". It explains in depth every aspect of design, development and production of Machin and country pictorial definitives. It includes unique methods designed to enable unknown Machins to be identified. Thirteen chapters and sixteen appendixes culminate in a catalogue of Machin stamps. This is divided into three levels to suit beginners, intermediate collectors and specialists. Each level forms part of the unique numbering system which never changes no matter what new values or variations are issued. Every value has its own section, making it very easy to find the stamp you are looking for.
A free professional writing up service is provided on the disc by more than 15,000 Deegam Profiles. All the files are illustrated in colour and are printable. They are in Adobe Acrobat PDF (portable document file) format and can be viewed with Adobe Reader. The CD is absolutely loaded with navigable features, making it very easy to browse. Full details of how to get the best out of the CD are explained and illustrated in the Tutorial file on the disc. The CD is updated every 2-3 months with Deegam Reports which are free to registered owners. Every CD is burned to order so yours is always up-to-date when you buy it.
- Ease of identification is a major strength of the Handbook. The navigation system on the CD ensures that what you are looking for is easy to find (British Philatelic Bulletin)
- We Machin maniacs can be thankful that Douglas Myall has taken the lead in electronic publishing. I cannot over-emphasise how reader-friendly all of this is (GBCC Chronicle) The CD is fabulous. I've always admired the diligence and skill of author Douglas Myall in compiling the print version of the Handbook and in my opinion he has 'raised the bar' even higher with this digital version. (Stamp Magazine)
- The convenience and the genius of the CD compared with the print version is the ease of navigation. To master the complexity of the Machins, Myall's work is the place to start and the place to end. (Linns Stamp News)
- I have the hard copy with Supplement so am familiar with the layout but the speed and ease with which I can get around the CD version is astonishing - and colour too! (RG, Australia)
- A highly detailed identification guide, an important key for the specialist, would-be specialist or even for the general Machin collector who would like to learn more about this series. (Scott Stamp Monthly)
- I am delighted not only with the quality of the information and clarity of the explanation/description but also with how easy the CD is to navigate (BH, Preston)
The CD is obtainable from: Gerry Fisk, 4 Gorse Meadow Drive, Barnt Green, Birmingham B45 8XS, UK, price £39, post free (airmail overseas). Pay in GBP by PayPal sent to e-mail address: email@example.com
or by sterling cheque - made payable to G. T. Fisk.
2018 marks the 25th anniversary of The Complete Deegam® Machin Handbook and of the Deegam® Reports. To celebrate this Silver Jubilee, we have compiled a CD containing all Reports from DGR1 to DGR125. We are offering that CD as a free gift to all those who become new subscribers and to existing subscribers who update their Handbook during the Jubilee year of 2018.